This weekend was the Swamp Dog trial over in Kiln, MS. Since Guy can "fade" after the first day, I thought I'd try just entering him on Friday, skip Saturday and go Sunday. In reality, I don't think it made a difference. I think the key is keeping the temperature around 50 degrees! The colder the better he does!

It was very cool on Friday and he flew across the dog walk, with us nearly colliding at the end because I had decided to do a front cross to the jump and no way did I expect to find Guy barreling down the ramp just as I got there! (There will be an embarrassing photo of that incidence on Michael Loftis' site.)

Today, he was more his usual self, which is to say, his brains were leaking because his nose was stuck to various areas of the ground. He did it though! Not pretty, but good enough. So now, he's an "Open" dog.

Got his Novice Standard Preferred title today and his second Open Jumpers Preferred leg.

So now he is UKC Ch Mwamba of Kalahari NP, NJP, NFP, NJC, WV-N, OAC, HP-N, TN-N, TG-N....Now that's a mouthful!
0 Responses

Post a Comment